Last Updated: Monday, 15 January 2018 07:48
General eligibility criteria
You are eligible if you:
- are a Bangladeshi citizen
- are applying for a Master’s Degree in one of the priority study areas identified in the Bangladesh Country Profile
- belong to one of the target groups identified in the Bangladesh Country Profile
- have at least two years of work experience
- have an IELTS (academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 (or TOEFL paper-based test score of at least 580, or computer-based score of at least 237 or an internet-based score of at least 92) (or equivalent PTE score). Scores must be valid at 1 February 2019 and must be submitted with the application
Females, persons with disabilities and those from ethnic minorities are allowed to submit an overall IELTS score of at least 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score). However, they must meet the required English language admission requirement at an Australian university. Assistance will be provided to applicants from the above groups if they need to retake an English Test.
- satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs for an Australian Student Visa Subclass 500
- satisfy the admission requirements of the Australian institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that the award will be withdrawn if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution's admission requirements.)
You are NOT eligible if you are:
- married, engaged to, or are a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any part of the application, selection or mobilisation phases
- currently serving as a military personnel
- applying for a course of study in Australia for which you have already achieved the same qualification that is deemed equivalent to the Australian Qualification
- applying for another long-term Australia Award without having resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that you were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for two years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have been home for four years)
Detailed information on the Eligibility Criteria can be found in the Scholarship Policy Handbook and the Bangladesh Country Profile.
You can visit this link to check your eligibility.