Last Updated: Thursday, 25 January 2018 04:08
General eligibility criteria
You are eligible if you:
- are a Pakistani citizen currently residing in Pakistan for at least the past 24 months
- have not applied for and are not entitled to permanent residency or citizenship in Australia or New Zealand
- satisfy Australian Government requirements for international student visas for entry to Australia (health, character etc.)
- are able to provide a Police Security Clearance Certificate at the time of visa application
- do not hold another scholarship
- have not held a foreign scholarship in the 24 months preceding the application (calculated from the date of arrival back in Pakistan to the closing date for receipt of applications)
- are applying to commence a new course of study and not seeking support for a course already commenced in Australia (ongoing study programs will not be supported)
- are able to take up the Scholarship in the year for which it is offered
- have outlined a case that is clear about your objectives and motivation to make a contribution to development in Pakistan
- apply for courses that fall within the priority development sectors identified for Pakistan
- satisfy the admission requirements of the Australian tertiary institution and the course to be undertaken
- are applying for a Master’s degree-level course
- have completed 16 years of education
- are not above 45 years of age at the time of submitting the application form
- have at least five years of work experience in the field in which you are applying. Internships and volunteer work will not be considered as work experience
- submit a Development Impact Plan (DIP) that clearly articulates how the proposed field of study could add value to improving the level and standard of service delivery, particularly in the priority development sectors and in promoting pro-poor development
- are able to demonstrate the ability to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements for the Scholarship at the time of application. The accepted English language tests are International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), undertaken at the candidate’s own expense. The requirements are:
- an IELTS Academic score with an overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- a TOEFL paper-based test overall score of at least 580, with a minimum of 4.5 in the test of written English; or a TOEFL internet-based test score of at least 92, with a minimum of 21 in all subtests
- a PTE Academic overall score of 58, with no communicative skill score less than 50
- if you are a person with a disability and meet the eligibility criteria, you may submit an application without providing an IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Academic score. If shortlisted, you will be required to undertake an English Language Proficiency test arranged by Australia Awards Pakistan.
For information about IELTS test dates in your city, please contact Australian Education Office (AEO) or British Council Pakistan. British Council Pakistan is now conducting IELTS test in Quetta.
You are NOT eligible if you :
- are married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any part of the application, selection or mobilisation phases
- are currently serving military personnel
- hold permanent residency in Australia or are applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
have held an Australia Awards Scholarship or a foreign scholarship in the 24 months preceding the application (calculated from the date of arrival back in Pakistan to the closing date for receipt of applications).
Detailed information on the Eligibility Criteria can be found in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
You can visit this link to verify whether you satisfy the eligibility criteria before commencing an application.